Monday 2 November 2015

Cereal Packet Design Continued

This week in the process and production studio it was time to tighten up our drawings in order to vectorise our imagery and work towards making a printable prototype.

The first step was to scan in our hand-rendered drawings and edit the levels of the image in photoshop in order to make the lines more defined and subsequently easier to draw around in Illustrator.

I used multiple layers for the box net, outline and colour to make the refining process easier to breakdown. I found that with the lettering and certain parts of the image like the character's hat the end result looked more aesthetically pleasing when I used the pen tool more loosely and allowed colour from the layer below to peek through. I also created a simple graphic for the back of the cereal box as many of the other's I had looked at for inspiration did not use extensive amounts of detail for the back design.

I will continue with this design in my own time in order to see this finished product but I am happy with my progress so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment